There are few who know the options available to care for your loved one in their home until a need for help arises. Sometimes the need for a care giver in the home happens quickly, however, often times the need is there and most don’t reach out until they are exhausted and are not able to juggle all that life demands.
It seems like a daunting task. Between television and radio ads there seems to be hundreds of options. So, how do you choose a company that you can trust to take care of your loved one?
Following are a few tips that can help you evaluate and find the right Private Services Home Care Company:
· How long has the company been providing services in your community?
· Is the owner local and available if needed?
· Is the company accredited by an outside entity like Joint Commission?
· Does a Registered Nurse develop the Care Plan and make regular supervisory visits?
· Does the company include family members in the care planning process?
· Is the company available for emergencies 24/7?
· Does the provider furnish written statements about the cost of providing the recommended services outlined in the care plan?
· How are employees screened and selected for employment?
· Are home care aides trained and skills checked by a registered nurse?
· Are employees bonded?
Asking these questions will narrow your choices considerably. Private Services Home Care Companies can be an excellent option to get your life back on track while still providing the care you can when you can.
To inquire about Oxford HealthCare private services give us a call today. Our “PathFinder to Care” will answer all of your questions and help you obtain the services you need.
Steve Goforth, a native Tulsan, is the President and Owner of Oxford HealthCare. Mr. Goforth started Oxford HealthCare 25 years ago to help people maintain their independence at home as long as possible with support and assistance. Oxford cares for over 2,000 clients per week in Tulsa, Oklahoma and the surrounding area.